Financial App Project

 Should one of us post in the group discussions? I can take the lead on that unless someone else wants to. Or was Kelley's email to the teacher sufficient? I reviewed the assignment and it looks like we just need to pick an app as a competitor and create our own, need to have an idea that improves on the existing app. One idea could be to make an app that allows you to carry all of your cards on one app (debit/credit/gift cards/etc) and that removes the need to carry around cards. Would make it much easier to check out online and in person.

We definitely still need to post in the group discussion, but we won't be deducted for doing it late. That's a good idea but I'm not sure how it improves on some existing ones like Apple Pay/wallet but I'm not an expert on those products so maybe it does and I'm just not understanding it entirely...except perhaps the inclusion of gift cards but I'm not sure how feasible that would be in reality.

Apple Wallet is specific to Apple so if we made it a generic app, that's one improvement. I also don't know how much feasibility matters because this is just an assignment, not reality. It does seem like a possibility at the very least.

That's a good point

I was just throwing it out there. I'm sure we could expand on it, I think it's a good starting point unless we want to go in a different direction. 

We could also make an argument it's more secure because cards are easy to lose/get stolen and phones typically require a passcode or fingerprint to get in. Pretty much anyone can swipe a credit card without identification. 

One way I think we could improve it is if we had a feature where every time you use it to pay for something it generated a unique debit/credit card number that's only used one time so you have even less of a reason to be afraid of your card information being stolen 

Yeah that would be cool, some sort of way to make it a unique key/ID each time but still tied to your account somehow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Attractions: Developing An OB Model

There are Few Absolutes in OB

Complementing Intuition with Systematic Study